Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Renault Clio 1.5 dCi toxic fume warning light?

I have a 2003 renault clio dynamique 1.5dCi 80hp. To cut a long long story short, I have an ongoing problem with the car. The problem description is as follows: intermittently, normally when accelerating, the car loses power and struggles to maintain speed. This is normally accompanied shortly after by the toxic fume warning light coming on on the dashboard. The car has been in several renault dealers (Paisley, Manchester and Stockport), all of whom have been able to temporarily fix the issue, but it always returns within a few months. I believe the cause of the problem is an inherrent fault with the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve (which has been replaced several times already). I have already spent a small fortune on servicing and parts - has anyone else seen the same problem, and managed to find a permanent fix?|||I have a problem with my EGR on my 1.5 Clio but it is not as severe as yours. From reading up on it, the EGR is a common problem and will go faulty again even if replaced. Quite a few people recommend blanking off the EGR valve but I'm not sure how this is done and you may have to have your ECU reprogrammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment