Wednesday, November 30, 2011

AUDI A3 FSI NOT STARTING! FAULT CODES ON DIAGNOSTIC, CONFUSED?? PLEASE HELP!?

HI JUST BOUGHT AN AUDI A3 FSI 2LITRE


Was not starting I bought as it was, however AA came and strrted it and due to a flat battery a booster was required and was fine, towed me home because i didnt want to risk driving it, started up next morning fine, running really rough, i called up aa again they took me to the garage





at the garage i said i would like to have the car serviced, mechanic explained that the car started fine and drove "wicked" no noises no shakes nothing.....


next day i call him up to see if its ready, bad news - the car wont start again!





he checked filters for dirtyness, clogs etc and nothing, sprayed easy start, plugs ok, fuel pump ok





i showed him that the fuse relay main relay had been wired and bypassed and thats when he pointed me to an electrician over at the next garage





came back to me with the following faults


EGR VALVE


CRANKSHAFT SENSOR


CAMSHAFT SENSOR (camshaft adjustment N205) short to ground, fault 17935 p1527 bank 1


fuel pressure regulator valve


ecm pcm power relay control circuit =%26gt;-J271:open circuit


exhaust gas recirculation





THE LIST GOES ON AND ON 14 FAULTS





HOWEVER THE AA CAME BACK THE NEXT DAY AND GAVE ME ONLY 7 CODES, with the crankshaft sensor at the top





THE CAR WILL NOT START RIGHT NOW JUST TURNS NO SPARK





I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as I am really confused and realistically what I need doing MAINLY in order to get this car started, the mechanic and aa recommended crankshaft sensor first and the other mechanic is saying the main relay...





Really confused, any suggestions I would be very very greatful





AA are towing the car back to me now as we speak just waiting for it!!





Thank you in advance|||You might getaway without doing the EGR but anything else on the list could either stop it running at all or force it into limp home mode so if I were you I would get the lot done|||I don't know what year your car is but your cam follower for the high presure fuel pump may have worn throu. If that happens it will cause damage to the cam and fuel cuts which could explain the trouble starting. But first try resetting the ecu that usually fixes electronic problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment