Wednesday, November 30, 2011

1999 nissan maxima problems.....?

I'm having issues with my 4th generation nissan maxima... Ok i changed my spark plugs ,air filter,pvc valve, also I put sea foam in through the vacuum line , oil crank, and gas tank... Changed my oil also hoping this will clear my service engine soon amber light.. after all this I go to auto zone parts store asked a manager to scan for this issue...the guy gives me 4 codes with possible or accurate issues... Code P0138 (O2 Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank1, Sensor2)...CODE P0400 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction.....CODE P0325 -Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction.........CODE P0139-Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank1, Sensor2).... OK HE ALSO TELL ME TO CHECK THIS OUT WITH A SHOP FOR VERIFICATION... Im not sure about the accuracy of the scanner... All i know that the car does shakes at high speeds up between 65-80 mph.... At a stop while the car is still in drive it atttemps to jerk a bit while still holding the brakes ... This is about it.. may some can can give me some insight about these issues.. thanks in advance.. i truly beleive that no answer is a wrong answer otherwise i wouldnot ask for help if i already knew how to solve the problem..|||MIL light indicates a problem with the air pollution control system in your engine. With computer controlled engines (since 1996) you can't just guess as to the cause. A code reader will just point you in a direction that may or may not be correct as systems are just too complex. what you need is a mechanic with a scan tool to read computer inputs to see which are not reading correctly. After testing a mechanic should be able to diagnose the problem and recommend a solution. I would least have diagnostic tests done then decide what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment