Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to turn off service engine soon light.?

I have an 89 Camaro and i recently put a new exhaust system on it. I cut off the catalytic converter and ran it to a flowmaster exhaust. Now whenever I drive it around after about 5 min the service engine soon light comes on. I read the trouble codes and it was code 32 which is. Fault in barometric pressure sensor circuit OR Fault in exhaust gas recirculation valve diagnostic switch OR


Fault in electronic vacuum regulator valve. I was just wondering if there is something I can do to get it to shut off, without putting the catalytic converter back on. I know its illegal so nobody has to tell me that, I tried posting this a week ago and everyone just told me how illegal it was and didn't answer my question.|||if its an 89 its an obd1 so you could probably just disconnect your battery for 10 mins and it should go off....but it might come back on again. but hey, its worth a try...|||The light is on because of the lack of a catalytic converter.





You can turn off the light by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes. However, if you don't fix the reason for the check engine light, in your case the lack of a catalytic converter, the light will only come back on again in a short time.





If you don't want to fix the cause of the check engine light either put a piece of black electrical tape over the light or remove the light bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment