Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2000 Honda Accord - 4cl - LX - Emmisions / EGR issues?

Ok, so a couple weeks ago, my check engine light comes on and I get codes ran -


car was dying when I slowed down / applying clutch / brakes - basically crapped out at idle.





p0300-304 - Misfire Detected in Cylinder





%26amp;





p1491 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Insufficient Lift





I replace the plugs, knowing there was most likely a bigger issue. No good. Did some research and everything pointed to EGR valve - popped the hood - EGR was unplugged by last owner! Plugged it in and car runs good for a day and starts the same issues again - I alternate plugging and unplugging EGR for a few days - same thing - runs good for a day and then back to the same thing.





So, I replace the EGR valve today - brand new - runs great, engine light goes away - 2 hours later, same deal!!!





Before I replace anything else, I would like to get some advice - thanks.|||Def the coil packs or distributor causing misfiring and loading the cylinders full. Ecu errors should read multiple cylinder misfire, cylinder x misfire, all kinds of junk. New distributor/coils with an ecu reset|||It could be the Misfire and too much fuel is not burn, so the problem come back. The spark distributor is easy to replace. some time the spark plug wires needs to replace when getting old.


can you check the code again?

No comments:

Post a Comment