Sunday, November 20, 2011

Exhaust gas recirculation flow malfunction, Mazda 626

My check engine light came on and it said code PO400 exhaust gas recirculation flow malfunction. I have a 2001 Mazda 626, 6 cylinder. I was told by a mechanic (who knew nothing more than that code) that I needed to replace the egr valve. I have someone willing to do this for me, but I've heard that sometimes it's not the valve, but other components of the exhaust system that makes this code appear. The part is 361 dollars, so it would really screw me if this wasn't the problem. Any ideas or suggestions??





Thank you guys so much!||| it is likely that it is the egr valve but $361 for an egr valve? sounds excessive but sometimes you can just clean them out with some carb cleaner and a screwdriver|||Thats about the right price for an egr valve for that model. Most likely thats the problem but if your short of money id get a second opinion just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment